Pages

Wednesday, 16 August 2017

PIRATES IN THE HOUSE

Hello Everyone!

It has been a while since my last post :/ but here I am.

FabScraps is one of the sponsors for this month over at CSI and we were asked to make a layout for the challenges. Now as most of you may know I used to be on the DT at CSI and it is absolutely one of the best teams to be on, and it is great to be back as a guest DT. They are a great group of girls and Debbi Tehrani is a wonderful administrator who comes up with amazing themes for her challenges. If you have not played along before I highly recommend that you do. Go and check it out now!

Here is the case file.


Here is my layout.


Scheme - I used all the colours in the Scheme.
Evidence - Stripes and polka dots, banners, scallops, string, triangles, skull and cross-bones and buttons.
Testimony - Document an adventure... my journalling says...

Spence, You just loved your pirate outfit and you wore it all the time. You do make a very cute pirate but you are not fierce enough to be one.
To be a good pirate you need to...
Have a pirate ship to sail the seas, pilaging and looting.
Speak the lingo - Aaarrgghh me Harties!
Drink rum - YOU are way to young for that.
Be able to fight with a sword and you are too soft for that.
You still look so cute though!

My journalling on the back says:

I love how you are able to play on your own for hours. Making up games and getting lost in your own little world. Taking your pirate treasure from here to there and building up your wealth of things collected from your adventures. I hope that you never lose this ability Spence it will be your greatest gift to yourself. Play your games and enjoy your own company while you can, it doesn't last nearly long enough. 

Here are some close-ups.


The papers I used were from my stash I pulled everything that was the right colour and created lots of layers. The little skull and swords was cut on my silhouette machine and layered onto a tag. (I have just seen I forgot to complete the date. I must have been interrupted :D I will have to go and do it.)


Some of the bits didn't have the right colour so I covered them up like ticket that says 'The Story'. I cut the tags and the banner from left over paper and added the buttons on top.

The title was cut on my silhouetted and an assortment of other alphas from my stash.

I have made a couple of other layouts too so I will just show you them as well.

This one is Hello Bunnies!


For this layout I used my new Shimelle Laine - Little by Little collection. Most of you know I am very partial to Shimelle anything :D These papers are just so pretty. I would NEVER have used a paper like this as a background before but I love how it looks. 

My journalling on this layout says.

We discovered little bunnies on the verge outside of our estate and one Sunday we decided to take our 3.5 year old grandies to go and feed them. All armed with little bags of lettuce. They were so hesitate at first but once the got the hang of it they had a ball. Now every time them visit we have to take them to feed the bunnies. Sweet moments!

I layered up the critter paper onto an American crafts circle patter that was the right colour. I felt that it was too much pattern on pattern so I broke it up by layering a thin black border onto the critter paper. The yellow is from my stash and the pink is the B-side of another Little by Little paper. I used a couple of the journalling cards to journal on and fussy cut the cameras and the big bunny. The little flowers were from a sticker sheet and I added a little black washi tape film strip to bring back the black.

Here are a couple of close ups.


I popped some of the elements up for a little visual interest.


Because I wanted to make the HELLO part of the title I added some glossy accents to it.


You can see the black washi tape. I love this one and I can't find more anywhere :( I am very sad about that.

Here is another layout using the same collection.


My journalling says...

The 'Royal' family :) How cute did you all look. What a fabulous idea for fathers day too. You always make such an effort with Lloyd and Scarli to make life interesting and fun. You had a big dream and you are working hard to make it reality <3 p="">

Lots of layers and some faux stitching and some circle flowers for a little dimension.

Here are some close ups


You can see the faux stitching and some washi tape too.


The heart came from a chipboard sheet and already had stitching on it... win win.




Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!


Hugs

Val-Belle







1 comment:

  1. These are 3 stunning pages! So love them all. Love the pirates page...the colouring is perfect. The bunnies page is soft and and sweet and the last one so gorgeous too! You have certainly found your style and I really love what you have been creating! ;-)

    ReplyDelete